I have been doing some networky type guf lately and on moving all our mail onto a local exchange server I discovered a wonderful little feature where you can connect to pop accounts to grab email and feed it into Exchange accounts. This is great because a few of the users in the office have historical email accounts and this makes checking them pretty much transparent to them.
The only issue is that after a few days I found I was getting errors relating to email size. See the following:
Event 210, which is just a oversized email error pretty much.
It didn’t take too long to find out how to fix this. It is simply related to the email size defaults on SBS2008. The default email size for SBS2008 is 10MB. Use the following command in the exchange shell you can see what your max sizes are:
get-receiveconnector | select identity,maxmessagesize
The screenshot below shows my current results:
The next step is to increase these limits, I have obviously already done so here. The following command will do just that:
set-receiveconnector "<identy>" -maxmessagesize 20MB
Obviously you can make them whatever size you want. I increased them all, but for the pop account issue you onlye really need to increase the “Windows SBS Fax Sharepoint Receive <server name>” one.